Expandable heaters are two-piece units with a common outer stainless steel metal sheath allowing the heater to expand open to the full diameter of the barrel. They are designed to be opened only once during installation.
- Each half of expandable bands equals half of total band wattage
- The sheath is folded inward of the band to prevent contamination by any overflow of plastic or other free flowing materials.
- These heaters utilize Watlow's exclusive mineral insulation
- Watlow utilizes a dual insulation method that offers a much higher thermal conductivity than mica and ceramic heaters
- These high performance heaters provide an almost instant response to temperature control
- Fast response helps eliminate thermal lag and temperature overshoot
Watlow® is a registered trademark of Watlow Electric Manufacturing